Thursday, September 02, 2010

And Just When You Least Expect it...

The company I am working for just informed me that they have eliminated my position and I am now unemployed.

Talk about the world coming to a screeching halt. This could not have come at a worse time - with the economy going into a double dip recession, employment is anemic all over the country, the housing market is still sinking deeper into the muck, and I am now floating helplessly in a sea of despair, frustration, and anxiety.

This just goes to show you that you cannot depend on ANYONE for a livelihood except yourself.

I am quite uncertain of what the near future holds for me, but it is not looking good and there are ominous storm clouds on the horizon.

Wish me luck everyone, I'm not sure I'm going to make it through this one...

No comments: