Monday, December 23, 2019

9 Years Later...

Almost nine years since my last post.
I'm still here.

Having suffered through severe depression and moderate anxiety, I have struggled to maintain myself and my existence.
Having been alone for the past twelve years, I have realized that I'm the happiest I've ever been. The holidays are a bit rough, but they just become another day of the year.
Having been financially crippled by my education loans has prevented me from having my own house. Get a higher education they say. You'll make more money they say. What they don't say is that you'll be in deep financial ruin for fifteen years or more.
But I still exist. It's not the life I've dreamed of, nor is it the American Dream I've grown up hearing about, but I'm still here paying my taxes like a good little drone.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
Maybe you'll hear from me in another nine years or so.
Who knows...

No comments: